Monday, June 2, 2014

A beginning of sorts

Oh dear.  I know what you're thinking.  Another blog.  Another person who should just keep a journal instead of publishing online.  Well, I do keep a journal...and this is a different endeavor for me.  :)

Over the last couple years I have found that I really enjoy reading and watching my friend's blogs and  vlogs.  They allow insight into a human that I know but now have the opportunity to know more intimately and yet from far away.  I have been tentative to start one because I wondered if I really had anything to talk about.  I'm not married.  I don't have children of my own.  I don't have anything particularly unique about my health to share or a major life event at the moment.  My life doesn't feel to me like most that I encounter.  And I guess that's the beauty of it.   My story is unique because it tends to be very mobile.  And simply because my life doesn't look like other's I admire, doesn't make it any less valid or that it couldn't be supportive in someway to someone else.

I guess the purpose of this writing adventure...at least for right now, is to help validate some 'normalcy' to others who might find their life "at the end of a kite string".  That we may be rooted somewhere, but our wind feels like it's blowing in a new direction at the moment. What's exciting is that living at the end of kite string can mean something different to anyone, and this is simply part of my path in the air.

I find that right now, I need some goal setting, some accountability, some feeling of community as I navigate my last year of the 'grad school bubble'.  And even if no one reads it...to know I've flown my kite publicly, with courage, with mistakes, and with victory....is a victory.  You are welcome to tether along with.   I expect joy on my flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment